- Saks Off 5th plans seven new stores
- Saks’ Chicago flagship to devote two floors to new in-store men’s format, The Fifth Man
- Harrods exec tapped as Saks chief marketing officer
- Hudson’s Bay appoints Harrod’s exec to run Saks
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
New York City Saks said Tuesday it is closing two more underperforming stores.
Saks will shutter its Saks Fifth Avenue store in Southampton, N.Y., on Saturday and its Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th location in The Legends at Sparks Marina in Reno/Sparks, Nev., on Jan. 1, 2011.
Saks closed its Saks Fifth Avenue stores in Portland, Ore.; San Diego; Charleston, S.C.; and Plano, Texas, earlier this year. The company will also close a Saks Fifth Avenue store in Mission Viejo, Calif., later this month.
The retailer currently runs 49 Saks Fifth Avenue stores and 56 Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th locations.