- Saks to anchor new center in Miami
- Simon breaks ground on Chicago Premium Outlets expansion
- Survey: LLBean.com climbs to top of March online customer service rankings
- Video tour of new TargetExpress; four more locations on tap
- Former Saks CEO Sadove to lead new tech-focused division at Traub Associates
New York City Saks said Tuesday it is closing two more underperforming stores.
Saks will shutter its Saks Fifth Avenue store in Southampton, N.Y., on Saturday and its Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th location in The Legends at Sparks Marina in Reno/Sparks, Nev., on Jan. 1, 2011.
Saks closed its Saks Fifth Avenue stores in Portland, Ore.; San Diego; Charleston, S.C.; and Plano, Texas, earlier this year. The company will also close a Saks Fifth Avenue store in Mission Viejo, Calif., later this month.
The retailer currently runs 49 Saks Fifth Avenue stores and 56 Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th locations.