- SuperValu returns to profit in Q2; on track to open 80 to 90 Save-A-Lot stores
- Supervalu Q4 profit beats Street, will remodel 55 to 75 units in 2011
- Save-A-Lot to open five Chicagoland stores
- Report: SuperValu to open 160 Save-A-Lot stores in 2011
- Five co-branded Save-A-Lot Food Stores/Rite Aid Pharmacy stores open in Greenville, S.C.
St. Louis -- Discount grocer Save-A-Lot, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Supervalu, opened its first store in Atlantic City, N.J., on May 17, becoming the first full-service grocery store within a 21-mile radius of the city.
“The addition of Save-A-Lot to Atlantic City is a win across the board,” said John Palmieri, executive director, Casino Reinvestment Development Authority. “First and foremost, it gives the residents of Atlantic City access to affordable, healthy foods. As the property owners, we’re thrilled to see the land being used to benefit the entire Atlantic City community.’
The Atlantic City store is the 11th Save-A-Lot store in New Jersey.