- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Office Depot names former Toys 'R' Us exec as executive VP of retail
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
Naperville, Ill. -- Jim Barr, executive VP and chief digital officer of OfficeMax Inc., has been elected to the board of directors of Shop.org, where he will serve a two-year term. Barr joined OfficeMax in his current role in November 2011.
"It's an honor to join the Shop.org board and help to play a role in advancing the organization's strategic mission, including helping to address the challenges and opportunities most pressing to us within the digital retail industry," said Barr. "As advances in technology allow consumers and businesses to shop in new ways, we also have the opportunity to reach our customers in new ways to engage them and build deeper brand loyalty. Shop.org plays a crucial role in fostering the insights and dialogue needed to position online and omni-channel retailing to succeed."