- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- Ross Stores names chief merchandising officer Barbara Rentler as new CEO
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- Report: HSN’s Mindy Grossman declined J.C. Penney CEO offer
- J.C. Penney execs left without severance
Houston -- Stage Stores announced the appointment of Steven Lawrence as chief merchandising officer, effective April 30, 2012. Lawrence will be responsible for all of the merchandising, planning and allocation functions of the company.
Prior to joining Stage Stores, Lawrence spent 11 years with J.C. Penney, where he was most recently co-chief merchant executive VP GMM men’s, kids & home.