- CashStar Retailer Roundtable puts m-commerce and digital gift cards in spotlight
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Synqera debuts interactive personalization at Russian grocer
- How Technology Has Revolutionized Sales Tax Management
Framingham, Mass. – Staples, Inc. has completed the acquisition of Runa, a software company based in San Mateo, Calif., that helps online retailers increase sales by personalizing the shopping experience. Terms and conditions of the acquisition were not disclosed.
“Runa has a unique platform and outstanding talent with experience in e-commerce and online marketplaces,” said Ronald Sargent, CEO and chairman, Staples. “With Runa, we’re adding technology to better serve our customers with personalized items, offers, and delivery estimates, all in real-time. Runa will allow us to tap into the wealth of engineering and e-commerce expertise in the Silicon Valley area.”
Staples is continuing to invest in e-commerce capabilities, creating a highly personalized shopping experience and building on its online leadership. Runa’s PerfectOffer serves up automated, data-driven and personalized offers in real-time and PerfectShipping provides real-time personalized delivery estimates and free-shipping offers.
The Runa facility in San Mateo will serve as the newest Staples Lab, following locations in Seattle and Cambridge. In the coming months Staples plans to increase the staff in San Mateo.