Framingham, Mass. – Holiday shoppers are seeking omni-channel solutions. According to a new national survey from Staples, two-thirds of consumers say they are equally as likely to purchase gifts online as they are to shop in-store.
The Staples study also reveals that 87% of gift shoppers admit they’ve had problems buying presents during the holiday season and 63% of gift givers report that nearly half of the people on their list are difficult to buy for, causing stress and frustration.
Other findings include:
- 95% of Americans buy winter holiday gifts each year.
- 56% worry about finding the perfect gift for everyone on their list.
- 42% of holiday gift-givers care more about finding the perfect gifts than saving money or time.
- 40% of gift givers will buy technology or tech accessories this gift-giving season.
- 62% of gift givers can point to at least one person on their list who they buy the exact same gift for every time.
- 53% of gift givers have had difficulty buying gifts because they ran out of ideas.
"At Staples, we make it easy with more ways than ever to find the perfect gifts at guaranteed low prices both in-store and online at the new Staples.com,” said Alison Corcoran, senior VP North American stores and online marketing, Staples. “Whether it’s picking up a hostess gift, teacher gift, stocking stuffers for kids, the hottest new technology, gifts for the know-it-all co-worker or even a gift for your boss, Staples offers shoppers convenient, affordable options for all your holiday needs.”