- Starbucks' new Teavana Fine Teas + Tea Bar format debuts in New York City
- Starbucks shift supervisors, not asst. managers, can share tips
- Another first for Starbucks: Store on a train
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- Webinar: How Express keeps store associates on brand
Minneapolis -- Starbucks, Lowe’s and Target are among the U.S. retail chains donating money to the relief effort that is assisting victims of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
The Starbucks Foundation and Starbucks Coffee Japan will contribute approximately $1.2 million) to aid immediate humanitarian and relief efforts.
Lowe’s Cos. will donate $1 million to support the Red Cross Japan relief effort that is assisting victims in Japan. Lowe’s said its website will serve as a donation point for customers who wish to contribute to the effort.
Target announced it has donated $500,000 to assist with Japan’s earthquake and tsunami relief efforts. The donation was made to Save the Children, which has already mobilized an immediate and direct response to the crisis.