- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Stein Mart names former Neiman Marcus CEO to board
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
Jacksonville, Fla. Stein Mart Inc. announced Tuesday it has appointed David H. Stovall, Jr. as president and CEO.
Stovall, 61, has been a Belk executive for more than 20 years, most recently as chairman of Belk Central Division in Charlotte, N.C. He will assume his new responsibilities for Stein Mart on Dec. 5.
Stovall is succeeding Linda Farthing, who has held the president and CEO position since Sept. 2007, but announced earlier this fall that a search for her successor had begun.