- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Pizza Hut plans interactive tables
- Retail Store of the Year Design Competition early bird rate ends on Nov. 29
- Starbucks' new Teavana Fine Teas + Tea Bar format debuts in New York City
- Tim Hortons to open 300 U.S. stores by 2018
Saratoga Springs, N.Y. -- Stewart’s Shops, a chain of 300 convenience stores offering gasoline and fresh and local dairy products and ice cream, has deployed Paragon Software’s Single Depot solution to automate the planning of daily and seasonal deliveries. Paragon’s software automates the manual process of planning and scheduling deliveries to the retail outlets, lowering mileage, reducing fuel usage, and improving truckload efficiencies.
“We have a tremendous amount of variables that affect delivery to each shop, such as time windows, delivery door restrictions, and vehicle restrictions, that go into planning,” said Ryan Faville, transportation manager at Stewart’s Shops. “With the Paragon software, we get a holistic look at our operations and have been able to make significant improvements in vehicle utilization. Optimizing routes with Paragon has helped us to considerably reduce miles driven.”