Denver -- When consumers search for online coupons and savings, 62% search for store-centric deals, 24% for product-specific coupons, and only 14% search specifically for brand name product discounts online, according to the first Buy-havior Report, from coupon-search engine ShopAtHome.com. The report tracks consumer search habits on the site.
Of the 62% of consumers looking for store-centric savings, Wal-Mart was the most-searched for retailer followed by Kohl’s and Target, respectively.
Sony was the most-searched for brand out of the 14% consumers searching for brand names. It was searched three times more than the next brand on the list: Swiffer.
In other survey findings:
- “Toilet paper” was the most-searched term on the site and has been for the past two months. “Laundry detergent” was the next highest search.
- Half of the top 10 searched terms were for consumable goods like toilet paper, laundry detergent, coffee and butter.
- New York City residents used the site most followed by Houston, Chicago, Los Angeles and Denver, respectively.
- The average ShopAtHome.com user receives $41 in cash per month. As much as 10,000 checks are mailed out each month to users.
- In addition, 73% of consumers using ShopAtHome.com used it between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., regardless of the day of the week. Only 18% used it after 6 p.m.