- JustFab, Glendale Galleria, Glendale, Calif.
- Academy Sports + Outdoors to enter Memphis area
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- Retail Store of the Year Design Competition early bird rate ends on Nov. 29
Lebanon, Tenn. The CBRL Group, owner of the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store restaurants, reported same-store sales for the month of June were down in foodservice but up slightly in its gift stores.
Despite higher-average restaurant tickets, up 3.8% primarily as a result of price increases in its menu, same-store restaurant sales were down 1.2% for the four-week period that ended Friday. Same-store retail sales in Cracker Barrel gift shops were up 0.2%. However, year-to-date fiscal results indicated that overall same-store restaurant sales trended up 0.7% and gift stores were down 0.4%.