- SuperValu returns to profit in Q2; on track to open 80 to 90 Save-A-Lot stores
- Supervalu Q4 profit beats Street, will remodel 55 to 75 units in 2011
- Supervalu joins DOE’s Better Buildings Challenge
- Report: SuperValu to open 160 Save-A-Lot stores in 2011
- Supervalu fires Herkert as CEO; appoints chairman to post
New York City Supervalu on Wednesday said it plans to cut greenhouse gas emissions at its locations by 10% by the end of 2012, with 2007 as the baseline year for the initiative.
The effort is part of a partnership with the World Wildlife Fund. Supervalu is one of 25 participants in the WWF’s Climate Savers program.
Supervalu plans to convert store lighting from traditional fluorescent lamps to a more efficient, LED-based lighting design. It also will look to refrigeration efficiencies, and improve its fleet transportation’s use of energy.