Whiting, Ind. -- A survey of 2,339 shoppers by CouponCabin.com found that 34% are at least somewhat likely to purchase items on layaway this holiday season.
The survey, conducted by Harris Interactive, also found that 9% are very likely to use layaway; 29% said maybe.
When asked what they believe are the benefits to using a layaway program for holiday shopping, U.S. adults said the following:
- 54% said layaway helps them to buy larger items that they couldn't afford to buy all at once;
- 52% said it helps with budgeting;
- 46% said it helps them avoid using credit cards;
- 43% said it helps to with planning ahead;
- 43% like being able to reserve a popular item; and
- 33% said they don’t need to have good credit to use layaway programs.
"Layaway can be a smart option for holiday shoppers on a budget, as it forces shoppers to be disciplined about saving and reduces impulse purchases," said Jackie Warrick, president and CEO at CouponCabin.com.