- Apple and IBM partner for business software
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Facebook tests ‘buy’ button to help companies drive sales
- Target launches image recognition app for mobile shopping
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
Hingham, Mass., As part of its strategy to strengthen and reinvigorate its core brand, The Talbots Inc. on Thursday announced that it has named two senior executives with extensive merchandising and design expertise.
The company appointed Michael Smaldone as chief creative officer of the Talbots brand. He most recently served as senior VP of design at Ann Taylor.
Additionally, it named Basha Cohen as executive VP, chief merchandising officer, Talbots brand. Cohen previously served as senior VP of women’s product development at J. Crew. He succeeds Hal Bosworth, who retired in July 2007.
Both executives will report directly to Trudy F. Sullivan, Talbots president and CEO.