- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Target in big multichannel holiday push; rolling out in-store pickups
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
Minneapolis -- Target Corp. said it will open 21 new stores in 13 states this year, including five stores in California, a fourth store in Hawaii and a SuperTarget in Minnesota. The company also plans to remodel about 400 of its existing locations in 2011.
Target will open six stores on March 6, with another nine opening on July 24. On Oct. 9, Target will open the remaining six stores. The general merchandise stores will average 135,000 sq. ft., and will feature the discounter’s expanded grocery concept.
The new SuperTarget, opening in Woodbury, Minn., will have a 174,000-sq.-ft. footprint and will include a full-line, full-service supermarket.