- Target in big multichannel holiday push; rolling out in-store pickups
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- TargetExpress format in works
- Report: Target increases online subscription assortment
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
Mississauga, Ontario -- Target announced the soft opening dates for 24 locations in Western Canada, with 22 stores opening on May 7 and two opening on May 14.
The openings, which include stores in British Columbia, Alberta and Manitoba, follow the opening of 24 stores across Ontario. As previously announced, Target plans to open 124 stores across Canada throughout 2013.
"Target is thrilled to be opening stores in Western Canada, providing a one-stop shopping destination that meets the wants and needs of our guests," said Tony Fisher, president, Target Canada. "It was exciting to see the response to our Ontario store openings, which have produced valuable insights that along with our soft openings in Western Canada will help us to continue to deliver on Target's “Expect More. Pay Less.” brand promise for guests across Canada."