- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- TargetExpress format in works
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Target in big multichannel holiday push; rolling out in-store pickups
- Target CIO resigns; chain to overhaul info security
Minneapolis -- Target Corp. reported Thursday net income of $637 million for the third quarter, compared with $555 million in the prior-year period and beating Wall Street expectations.
The retailer previously reported that sales rose 3.4% to $16.60 billion in the quarter, and same-store sales climbed 2.9%.
Target is forecasting a fourth-quarter earnings range that at the high-end tops estimates.