- TargetExpress format in works
- Target in big multichannel holiday push; rolling out in-store pickups
- Target CIO resigns; chain to overhaul info security
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
New York -- Target Corp. will soon join the ranks of retailers who are no longer reporting monthly same-store sales. The discounter on Thursday said it will no longer report comparable sales, beginning in fiscal 2013.
“This decision is based on discussions with many of our investors and is consistent with the practice of the vast majority of our retail peers,” said John Mulligan, CFO, Target. “We believe aligning our sales guidance and reporting with disclosure of our quarterly financial results will create a longer-term focus and provide greater understanding of our sales results in the context of our overall financial performance.”