- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- Toys ‘R’ Us sets Black Friday weekend deals
- Private equity could ramp up ROI by emphasizing brands, customers
Wayne, N.J., Toys "R" Us Inc. said Wednesday its U.S. comp-store sales for the nine-week holiday selling season rose 4.1%. Company officials credited the results to strong innovation in toy offerings, better in-stock positions, improved execution at the store level, aggressive marketing and high customer demand for a number of popular items.
Comp-store sales at the privately held company's Babies "R" Us division rose 6% for the Oct. 29 to Dec. 30 period, while international sales rose 1.9%.