- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Survey: Holiday sales to hit $519 billion; strongest growth will be in electronics
- RetailROI launches database for retailers to donate overstocked goods to local charities
- Walmart bringing back 8,500 products in bid to end sales slump
- Michael Francis leaves Target for J.C. Penney
Wayne, N.J., Toys “R” Us Inc. announced that Ron Boire has been named president, Toys “R” Us, North America, effective immediately.
In this new capacity, Boire will continue to oversee all merchandising, marketing and operations for the company’s 586 stores and e-commerce business throughout the United States, and will take on additional responsibility for the company’s 67 locations and e-commerce business in Canada.
Boire joined Toys “R” Us Inc. in July 2006 as president of Toys “R” Us, U.S. Prior to joining the company, Boire was executive VP and global merchandise manager for Best Buy.