- Helena Foulkes named president of CVS/pharmacy
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
Chicago, The 1.4-million-member United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) broke away from the AFL-CIO on Friday. The group was the third major union to leave the labor organization in a week because of differences in organizing strategies and declining membership issues.