- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Uniqlo to enter Los Angeles market in September; announces five locations
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Report: New retail building planned for Queens
- Bass Pro Shops to open 145,000-sq.-ft. store in upstate New York
New York -- Uniqlo, a division of Japan’s Fast Retailing Co., will continue its U.S. expansion strategy by opening two new mall locations, at Palisades Center in West Nyack, N.Y., and Westchester’s Ridge Hill in Yonkers, N.Y. Both stores are slated to open in spring 2013.
At 24,000 total sq. ft., the Uniqlo store in Palisades Center will open in early March. (Palisades Center is the eighth largest mall in the nation.)
Uniqlo at Westchester’s Ridge Hill will occupy two levels and also total 24,000 sq. ft. Scheduled to open in mid-spring, it will be Uniqlo’s first outdoor lifestyle center location.
“After a successful launch this past fall at Westfield Garden State Plaza, Uniqlo’s prototype for our mall locations, we are continuing our commitment to roll-out locations at shopping malls across the U.S , said Shin Odake, CEO, Uniqlo USA. “With a dedicated fan base in the New York tri-state area, both Palisades Center and Ridge Hill are the natural next step in our expansion plans.”
Uniqlo currently operates five stores in the United States, with three in New York City, one in San Francisco and one in Paramus, N.J.