- Urban Outfitters doubles Westwood Village sq. ft.
- Urban Outfitters to open ‘lifestyle center’ concept in New York
- Report: Urban Outfitters to build lifestyle village concept in Philly suburb
- Urban Outfitter’s Q2 profit surges 25%
- Vanderlande Industries awarded material handling project at Urban Outfitters
Philadelphia -- Urban Outfitters Inc.’s third-quarter profit fell 31% amid a decline in same-store sales and as merchandise markdowns continued to weigh on margins.
For the quarter ended Oct. 31, Urban Outfitters posted earnings of $50.7 million, down from $73.1 million in the year-ago period.
Gross margin narrowed to 35.4% from 41.1%, partly due to increased merchandise markdowns at Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters. Total inventories grew by $78 million.
Net sales, as reported earlier, increased 6.3% to $610 million. Same-store sales were down 7%.