New York -- Verizon Enterprise Solutions is launching a new managed, cloud-based Wi-Fi for business solution aimed at retail and food service environments. The solution is designed to be easy to deploy while enabling businesses to improve customer service, customer loyalty and business processes.
The solution includes a portal that provides an array of different kinds of retailers, enterprises, and the hospitality industry to better understand their foot traffic and customer behavior to offer the most opportune opening items, and to fine tune marketing initiatives and staffing polices. The services' API enables retailers to integrate presence data with their customer relationship management (CRM) apps to push targeted customer offers to patrons when they visit the store or company site.
Key features include:
- Statistics on capture rate (clients passing by versus visitors spending time), engagement and appeal.
- Information to make decisions on staffing storefront design and employee "bring our own device" policies.
- API for raw data output for integration with business intelligence and analytics system.
- View apps used when on wi-fi.
- Asset tracking.
- Identity-based filtering policies; supports blocking of websites.
- Prioritized bandwidth usage by clients and apps between employees and customers.
"The opportunities for helping our customers promote their businesses are endless," said Chris Kemmerer, director of business solutions for Verizon Enterprise Solutions. "Providing them with enterprise-grade Wi-Fi is the first step. The real business value with Verizon Wi-Fi for Business is how our clients can monetize the service based on the stream of analytics that is generated. It's a whole new approach to sales and marketing that is highly targeted and measurable."