- Vitamin Shoppe Q3 sales and profit up; on track to open 48 stores
- Vitamin Shoppe profit surges in Q1, to open 52 stores this year
- Vitamin Shoppe sees profits rise 40% in Q2; to open 50-plus stores in 2012
- Vitamin Shoppe Q3 profit rises 37%; on track to open 57 stores in 2013
- Vitamin Shoppe to acquire Super Supplements
North Bergen, N.J. – Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. has opened a new 311,740-sq.-ft. distribution center in Ashland, Va. The center began receiving inbound inventory in June 2013 and outbound shipments to stores began in September 2013.
As of October 15, 2013, the center was shipping inventory to 56 Vitamin Shoppe stores located in Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Louisiana. The center, which was built to the Vitamin Shoppe's specifications, features state-of-the art conveyor and picking and packing systems to move goods and orders throughout the facility.
"The opening of this distribution center was a large undertaking for the team as we positioned the company for future growth,” said Tony Truesdale, CEO of Vitamin Shoppe. “I am very pleased with our supply chain team and their ability to successfully execute against this significant project. The facility opened on time and on budget. We began with shipments to 14 stores and have added delivery to more stores every week. Given the success that we have experienced with the service levels, we expect the Ashland DC to be servicing 120 stores by year-end."