- Von Maur’s new store in Oklahoma is designed for hazardous weather
- American Apparel ousts CEO/chairman Dov Charney on misconduct allegations
- Apple celebrates 13 years in retail — 424 stores and counting
- Nordstrom to acquire online menswear retailer Trunk Club
- Nordstrom makes Instagram shoppable, launches Like2Buy platform
Davenport, Iowa -- Von Maur Department Stores announced Wednesday it has signed a contract to open a 150,000-sq.-ft. store at the GGP-owned Quail Springs Mall in Oklahoma City in fall 2014.
The store will be the company's first location in Oklahoma.
Located at the mall's former Sears location, the two-level Von Maur store will receive a complete renovation beginning in summer 2013 in order to feature the company's exterior brick facade and signature residential ambiance, complete with antiques, original artwork, open-floor plan and music from the store's grand piano.
The Oklahoma City announcement is consistent with the retailer’s previously announced national growth strategy, which includes opening a second Georgia location in Atlanta in November 2012, along with plans to grow into New York and Alabama in fall 2013.
"Oklahoma City is a thriving metropolitan area with numerous offerings and opportunities for both businesses and residents alike," said Jim von Maur , president of Von Maur. "We're excited to be a part of the growth in one of the state's most vibrant areas and look forward to showcasing our service and selection to shoppers at Quail Springs Mall."