- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Helena Foulkes named president of CVS/pharmacy
Bentonville, Ark., Though successful in its German stores, Wal-Mart has put an end to its Singles Shopping in the United States.
Active in just one store in Roanoke, Va., the Singles Shopping program had Friday-evening unattached customers adorning their shopping carts with a red bow to signal availability. “Flirt points” were set up in various sections of the store.
Complaints led to the dissolution of the program.