- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
Bentonville, Ark. -- Wal-Mart Stores will hold its annual meeting in Rogers, Ark., near its Bentonville, Ark., headquarters on Wednesday, and said the meeting focus will be on reversing the decline in its U.S. Walmart stores’ business.
The retailer is also expected to share information about its upcoming holiday strategies and discuss capital spending plans.
Business has been brisk at its Sam’s Club warehouse stores, but its U.S. namesake stores have been on a sales decline for the past two years as continued economic concerns have slowed the typical Walmart customer’s spending.