- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Wal-Mart International names new CEO
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
Bentonville, Ark., Wal-Mart Stores provided an award of $1.5 million to the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) that includes a $1 million grant to establish the Wal-Mart Emergency Assistance Fund and $500,000 in operating support for UNCF member schools.