- Walgreens posts Q3 gains, misses analyst expectations
- Lumber Liquidators formaldehyde claims investigated
- Walgreens opens nation’s first net zero energy store
- Bloomingdale’s CEO Michael Gould retiring; to be replaced by Tony Spring
- Verdugo v. Target: Does A Retailer Have A Common Law Duty to Have an AED Available?
Deerfield, Ill., Walgreen Co. reported second-quarter profit of $490.9 million, or 48? per share, up from $431.6 million, or 42? per share, a year earlier. Sales increased 12.3% to $11 billion from $9.78 billion a year ago, while comp-store sales rose 7.7% for the quarter.
“Our results benefited from continued solid execution at our stores, especially during the important holiday selling season,” said chairman and CEO Dave Bernauer in a statement. “Although the cold and flu season peaked later this year than the previous year, the overall effect on the quarter was fairly comparable.”