- Apple and IBM partner for business software
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Target launches image recognition app for mobile shopping
- Facebook tests ‘buy’ button to help companies drive sales
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
Deerfield, Ill., Walgreen Co. will begin offering multilingual counseling at its pharmacy. The drug store retailer has developed a service that will allow in-store customers with limited English-language abilities to speak with a pharmacist in their native language over the phone. Walgreen will begin to roll out the service in February.
In a separate development, Walgreen said it will install solar electric systems at 96 stores and two distribution centers in California, and 16 stores in New Jersey. The new solar systems, installed with help from Denver-based energy solutions company ImaginIt Inc., will generate more than 13.8 million kilowatt-hours per year, making it the largest solar-power project ever completed in the U.S., Walgreen said. The first systems will become operational early this year.