New York -- Walgreens announced the official grand re-opening of its newest 24/7 flagship store, located in Manhattan’s Union Square neighborhood. The store, which will open on Jan. 23, originally opened in 2001 and has now been renovated to feature Walgreens' new “Well Experience” format.
The store's expanded features include:
• An advanced printing and photo lab providing expanded printing capabilities that include a full photo lab processing 35mm film, posters, banners, photo books, folded cards and calendars – all available in one hour.
• Consumable offerings providing an fresh selection of professional chef-rolled sushi, sandwiches, wraps and ready-to-eat cut fruits and vegetables. Walgreens core food categories also include a wider range of frozen foods and entrees as well as expanded deli dairy items.
• A new checkout format for customers offering greater access to the main registers and arranged in a way that will guide customers through easily, making for an overall quicker checkout.
• Web pickup, which allows customers to access the entire store's online item assortment and pickup purchases in-store. Once an order is picked, the customer will receive an email and/or text message notifying them that the order is ready for pickup.
• An expanded beauty and personal care section.
"Walgreens is thrilled to provide customers our newest New York flagship location — unlike any traditional drug store — in Manhattan's historic Union Square," Skip Bourdo, Walgreens market VP, said. "This location has been transformed to become customers' first choice for health and daily living, and we look forward to continuing to help the residents and visitors of the Union Square neighborhood get, stay and live well."