- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Three New Must-See Retail Stores in New York City
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
Atlanta -- Mother Nature Network and Walmart are teaming up to launch an online destination (mnn.com/leaderboard) that profiles the biggest innovations in sustainability – and the pioneers who are creating them.
“There are an incredible number of new ideas, programs, products, and services being created, which will have a very positive impact on sustainability,” said Joel Babbit, CEO of Mother Nature Network. “And most interestingly – they aren't all from large corporations. Many are developed by very small companies, schools, non-profit organizations – some even by single individuals.”
“Thanks to the ingenuity, passion and innovative thinking of s so many people, we've seen an increase in sustainable technologies, processes and options in the past decade," said Andrea Thomas, SVP sustainability at Walmart. “These new ideas have helped companies, like Walmart, make significant progress toward our sustainability goals. Walmart has a responsibility to use its size and scale to influence positive change, and we believe ‘The Leaderboard’ will be a place to showcase cutting edge ideas and spark further adoption.”
The Leaderboard will profile dozens of forward-thinking innovators, with new stories published every week.