- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Three New Must-See Retail Stores in New York City
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
Bentonville, Ark. -- Walmart on Monday said it will offer shoppers gift cards if they buy items and then see lower prices at other stores during the holiday season.
The chain’s "Christmas Price Guarantee" will apply to good purchased Walmart stores in the United States from Nov. 1 to Dec. 25. Under the program, shoppers who buy a product at Walmart and then find the identical item listed for a lower price at another store can receive a gift card for the difference.
Items placed on layaway, where a buyer reserves merchandise by paying a deposit, are also be eligible for the program.
The plan excludes Black Friday ads, expired ads, Internet prices, percentage-off ads, clearance ads, and certain other offers. Shoppers must bring in their Walmart receipt and a competitor's printed ad by Dec.25 to get the gift card.