- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
Bentonville , Ark. -- Walmart announced that most of its stores will open their doors at midnight on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Starting at 12 a.m. on Nov. 26, shoppers can head to the Walmart Open House for big savings on popular toys, apparel and home goods, the company reported. Then, beginning at 5 a.m., Walmart said it will kick off its electronics event, including discounted prices on HDTVs, laptops, gaming systems and cameras.
"New for this year, Walmart is inviting customers to come at midnight for great savings on items like toys, pajamas, denim and small kitchen appliances and then stay for incredibly low prices on hot electronics, like HDTVs, computers and video games at five a.m.," said Stephen Quinn, executive VP and chief marketing officer of Walmart U.S. "Giving families easier ways to save is important and offering great savings in our stores earlier this year -- starting at midnight -- is one way to make that happen."