- RILA launches Retail Horizons project to empower sustainability
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- What the CFO Needs to Know: Energy & Sustainability
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
Bentonville, Ark. -- Wal-Mart Stores’ efforts to reduce waste and boost recycling added $231 million to its bottom line last year, company CFO Charles Holley said at the chain’s 2012 Global Sustainability Milestone Meeting.
Other speakers at the event, which was web cast live, included Mike Duke, president and CEO, Walmart; Doug McMillon, president and CEO, Walmart International; and Bill Simon, president and CEO, Walmart U.S.