- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Dunkin' Donuts signs deal for 46 locations in South California
- Williams-Sonoma soars in Q1, topping earnings and sales estimates
- Uniqlo to enter Los Angeles market in September; announces five locations
- Disney-inspired Starbucks opens at Downtown Disney
Brooklyn, N.Y. -- West Elm, a division of Williams-Sonoma, announced that it will open a store at 180 University Avenue in Palo Alto, Calif., on Oct. 18.
The new Palo Alto store will include a collection of decorative accessories and art made by Etsy artists from the South Bay. It will be only the second West Elm store selling goods made by Etsy artists in the U.S.
“We are excited to open a store in Palo Alto that will bring not only our assortment, but also the arts and crafts of some of the talented artists and designers of the South Bay, to University Avenue,” said Jim Brett, president of West Elm. “We are passionate about supporting our local community, and we look forward to developing ongoing relationships with local Etsy artists.”
As in other West Elm locations, associates at the Palo Alto store will be focused on helping customers express their personal style at home. The brand offers free one-on-one Home Stylist services – either in a customer’s home, or in the store’s Design Lab.