- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Topshop to open Fifth Avenue flagship; four other U.S. stores
- U.K.’s Orlebar Brown deploys NetSuite OneWorld; will use in U.S. expansion
- Restoration Hardware transforms landmark building to RH gallery/store
- Survey: Online grocery shoppers make fewer impulse buys
San Francisco – West Elm is scheduled to open the company's first U.K. store in London on Dec. 5. The 12,000-sq.-ft. store will feature furniture, textiles, accessories and gifts, as well as a West Elm Market shop-in-shop and coffee shop. The store will employ 30 full- and part-time sales associates.
The London store will include a Local Gallery Wall featuring art from U.K. artists sourced through Etsy, the online marketplace for handmade or vintage items. The wall is curated by Will Taylor of the blog Bright.Bazaar.
"The city of London has such vibrant communities centered around design and innovation. I couldn't think of a better location for our first West Elm store in Europe," said Jim Brett, president of West Elm. "We are confident the broad assortment, globally-inspired aesthetic and engaging in-store experience of West Elm will appeal to customers in the U.K."