St. Louis -- Build-A-Bear Workshop plans an in-store shop in the FAO Schwarz Fifth Avenue flagship in Manhattan. Opening in early November, the location is the first Build-A-Bear Workshop store-within-a-store in the United States. (FAO Schwarz is owned by Toys “R” Us.)
“We are excited to bring two iconic brands together in one location joining the magic of Build-A-Bear Workshop with the legendary FAO Schwarz, just in time for the holiday season,” said Sharon Price John, Build-A-Bear Workshop CEO. “FAO Schwarz has been a great partner, and this new store extends the reach of our interactive experience in one of the largest markets in the world.”
The in-store shop will offer shoppers Build-A-Bear Workshop’s signature stuffed animal-making experience, which has been enhanced with innovative, digital technology. The company worked with Microsoft, Samsung, and other leading technology companies to create the engaging store design, which includes:
- A touch-screen storefront display that allows shoppers to interact with the brand by playing and exploring the latest Build-A-Bear Workshop furry friend collections.
- An interactive “Love Me” station that enables shoppers to customize their stuffed animals by giving personality traits such as brave, silly and smart to the red satin heart, which is added to their animal at the “Stuff Me” station.
- A “Hear Me” station where popular music and special sounds can be added to personalize their stuffed animal. Guests can also record their own voice to further personalize their stuffed animal.
- The “Fluff Me” station where customers can play with a sensory effects digital bath tub with virtual bubbles.
- The “Name Me” station, which allows shoppers to reveal the personality traits and customized features that were added to their stuffed animal throughout the bear-making process. They can also create a one-of-a-kind birth certificate to take home with their new furry friend.