14 new tenants to Towne Centre at Laurel
Owings Mills, Md. — Towne Centre at Laurel in Laurel, Md., has announced leases for 14 new retailers and restaurants. The $130 million, 400,000-sq.-ft. mixed-use redevelopment of the former Laurel Mall is now 85% leased and under construction. The first phase is scheduled to open in March with the reopening of a new 70,000-sq.-ft. Burlington Coat Factory.
The remainder of the project will open this fall, featuring Regal Cinemas, Sports Authority and the first Harris Teeter in Prince George’s County, along with the following 14 new tenants:
• B.J.’s Restaurant & Brewhouse, serving handcrafted beer and American cuisine, in the restaurant chain’s first Maryland location.
• Outback Steakhouse, an Australian-themed casual restaurant offering steak, seafood, ribs, chicken and pasta dishes.
• Old Navy, offering affordable fashion for men, women, children and maternity.
• Panera Bread, featuring fresh bakery goods, soups, salads, sandwiches and catering.
• Party City, offering discount party supplies, costumes and accessories.
• Noodles & Company, specializing in customizable pasta dishes, salads and sandwiches influenced by American, Mediterranean and Asian flavors.
• DTLR, specializing in streetwear, including urban clothing, hats, shoes and accessories.
• Kay Jewelers, the largest specialty retail jeweler in the world.
• Subway, offering sandwiches, salads and breakfast items with a wide variety of low-calorie selections.
• Blaze Pizza, serving fast-fired, custom-built artisanal pizzas.
• BurgerFi, focusing on specialty burgers made with all natural, free-range beef.
• Express Urgent Care, a convenient, lower-cost alternative to visiting a hospital emergency room, providing walk-in care for injuries and illnesses.
• Massage Envy, a national leader of affordable massage and spa services.
• Tutti Frutti, the world’s largest self-serve frozen yogurt company, with over 100 tart, creamy or soy-based flavors.
AEW and Somera bought the former Laurel Mall in 2006, and Greenberg Gibbons, the developer, joined the revitalization project in 2011. Work has been underway since August 2012.
JLL to manage Shops Around Lenox
Chicago — Jones Lang LaSalle has announced that the firm has been retained to manage Shops Around Lenox, a 124,409-sq.-ft. open-air center off Peachtree Road in the Buckhead area of Atlanta. The property’s tenant mix includes Crate & Barrel, Lululemon Athletica, Swank, Deka, Ona Atlanta, Paper Source, Suit Supply, Seven Lamps and Bhojanic.
During the first half of 2013, Jones Lang LaSalle Retail added more than 60 new assignments and more than 30 retail clients to its network across the United States.
Smoothie King targets Atlanta for franchise growth
New Orleans — Smoothie King Franchises has announced that it is targeting Atlanta for franchise expansion. The company, which will unveil its new store design next month in South Florida, plans to open 25 new locations in the Atlanta region over the next five years.
Smoothie King currently has 44 locations in the Atlanta market with three locations planned to open in the next six months in Alpharetta, Suwanee and Buford. The company is seeking qualified franchisees to develop single- and multi-unit agreements in additional communities within the metro area.
Smoothie King plans to add 940 new franchised and corporate locations domestically over the next four years. Even with more than 500 locations in the U.S., the brand says it still has extensive franchise opportunities available in the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions, as well as Texas.
Smoothie King also continues to expand internationally through both master franchise and corporate stores in South Korea, Singapore and the Cayman Islands, and is focusing on identifying partners in several key countries in Asia and the Middle East.