Bottom Dollar Food grocery chain expanding
Salisbury, N.C. — Discount grocery chain Bottom Dollar Food announced Monday plans to enter the greater Pittsburgh and Youngstown, Ohio, markets.
The expansion includes 14 stores that will open in 2012 and slated to create more than 600 jobs.
The banner, which is owned by Delhaize America, has grown to 47 stores in North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. In addition to its expansion in Pittsburgh and Youngstown, Ohio, Bottom Dollar Food also remains focused on expanding in the greater Philadelphia market, which currently encompasses 17 stores in the state of Pennsylvania and two stores in New Jersey.
"We look forward to serving the greater Pittsburgh and Youngstown, Ohio, communities by providing consumers with unbelievably low prices on groceries," said Bottom Dollar Food president Meg Ham.
GGP rolls out back-to-school programs in shopping centers
Chicago-based General Growth Properties is kicking off back-to-school shopping with two promotional programs – Shop til You Rock and Family Recess.
Shop Til You Rock, a music-inspired mall tour that empowers teens to look and feel like rock stars, is back for its second year. Teens are invited to watch live performances by some of today’s hottest bands, participate in exclusive activities and take advantage of special mall offers, prizes and sweepstakes, including a chance to win valuable shopping sprees and a gaming system.
Shop Til You Rock will travel to 38 GGP malls across the country from July 23 through Sept.10.
Family Recess kicks off back-to-school fun with family-friendly activities, including games, music, special deals, prizes and a chance to win a family vacation for four to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex in Orlando, Fla. Family Recess travels to 21 GGP malls across the country from Aug. 6 through Sept.10.
The Shop Til You Rock and Family Recess programs also reward shoppers with a $20 mall gift card, while supplies last, when they spend $150 or more during the event. Plus, interactive mall activities include:
- Center Stage: Center stage features an event emcee/DJ, freeze modeling, as well as games, trivia and a prize wheel.
- Gaming Station: Teens can experience and play “Just Dance 2.” The interactive station includes discount offers, fan challenges and prizes.
- “DIY” Station: Kids can customize apparel and hats with a variety of airbrush designs.
- Band Meet & Greets (exclusively at Shop Til You Rock): Fans get up close and personal with featured bands and have an opportunity to purchase their music and promotional merchandise.
- Pepsi Refresh Lounge (exclusively at Shop Til You Rock): Teens trade in Pepsi bottle caps to receive a Pepsi branded drawstring bag. Plus, they’ll have a chance to vote for their favorite Pepsi Refresh Project and make a difference.
- Sierra Mist Natural Putting Challenge (exclusively at Family Recess): Shoppers get to put forth their best putting shot and “hole in one” winners will receive prizes.
HomeGoods to open new store in Kohls Plaza
New Milford, Conn. — Westport, Conn.-based Charter Realty & Development Corp. said it has arranged a lease for 28,000 sq. ft. for a HomeGoods store in the Kohls Plaza, located in New Milford, Conn.
HomeGoods will be a part of Litchfield Crossings, which is a new, 282,000-sq.-ft. development that is being built by Scalzo Realty.