Buffets appoints two senior executives
Greer, S.C. — Buffets, the parent company of six family style steak buffet restaurant chains, has named Chip Romp to the newly created position of VP Training and Jay Allen to Senior VP Real Estate and Development.
A 20-year training veteran, Romp comes to the company from the Italian Fast Casual concept Fazoli’s, where he served as VP Training, Development & Ops Services. He also has training experience with Applebee’s International, Damon’s International and Jillian’s Entertainment.
With more than 25 years experience, Allen most recently served as the VP Restaurant Development for Focus Brands. He has also held senior executive positions with Marriott Contract Service providers, O’Charley’s and Buffalo Wild Wings.
Buffets’ six restaurant brands operate 344 restaurants in 35 states.
Polarn O. Pyret opens first store in Boston metro area
Chestnut Hill, Mass. — Swedish children’s wear brand Polarn O. Pyret USA has opened its first Boston-area store at THE STREET in Chestnut Hill, according to WS Development, the center’s developer and owner. This is the fifth Polarn O. Pyret (pronounced POH-lahrn oh PEE-rhet and nicknames PO.P) in the U.S. and the fourth on the east coast.
PO.P designs children’s clothing to be handed down from child to child. The retailer designs its stores with mirrors, tunnels and display tables that double as play equipment. Parents relax on ottomans while the kids play in the tunnels. The fitting room in the back of the store will accommodate a stroller.
Bayer to lease and manage Southlake Mall
Birmingham, Ala. — Bayer Properties will lease and manage Southlake Mall in Morrow, Ga. Macy’s and Sears anchor the 1 million-sq.-ft. enclosed regional mall. Enclosed malls now represent 30% of Bayer’s operating portfolio.
Bayer has also announced the following new leases:
- Pure Barre and Ripple Effect Martial Arts will open in August at Front Range Village in Fort Collins, Colo.
- Try Sports will open in December at Mount Pleasant Town Centre in Mount Pleasant, S.C.
- Dress Up Boutique opened in May and American Threads will open in July at The Shoppes at Webb Gin in Snellville, Ga.
- Fan Outfitters opened in June at Quail Springs Marketplace in Oklahoma City.
- Maurices opened in July in Pinnacle at Turkey Creek in Knoxville, Tenn. Chipotle and Kinnucan’s will open in September.