Charter to broker Dollar Tree and Dressbarn in Connecticut
New York — Dollar Tree and Dressbarn have named Charter Realty and Development as the exclusive broker in Connecticut.
Dollar Tree, a Fortune 500 company with approximately 4,700 stores looks for 8,000- to 12,000-sq.-ft. spaces. Dollar Tree is also looking for locations in freestanding strip malls and power centers.
With more than 800 stores across the country, Dressbarn seeks spaces of approximately 7,500 sq. ft. In addition, the retailer seeks around 65 ft. of frontage space near regional or community centers. Co-tenancy preferences include discount department stores, supermarkets or fashion anchors.
La Perle Spa and Salon takes Rutgers Plaza space
Franklin Township, N.J. — La Perle Spa and Salon has leased 1,802 sq. ft. at Rutgers Plaza in Franklin Township, N.J., according to Levin Management, the exclusive leasing and managing agent for the 266,650-sq. -ft. center.
Co-anchored by a 74,000-sq.-ft. Stop & shop and a 98,684-sq.-ft. Kmart, Rutgers Plaza tenants include Office Depot, Dollar Tree, RadioShack, GameStop, Dressbarn, Chase Bank, Plaza Cleaners, Anthony’s Pizza, Venus Jewelers and Burger King.
Rutgers Plaza serves a growing residential population of more than 234,900 people within a five-mile radius. Average annual household income is more than $70,000, and the daily traffic count exceeds 39,000 vehicles.
JLL expands in Austin and opens San Antonio office
Austin, Texas — Jones Lang LaSalle has announced the addition of seven brokerage experts to its national program. Austin McWilliams joined the firm as a senior VP; Travis Sawvell and Jon Switzer joined as VPs, and Katie Carlisle joined as an associate, all based in Austin. Their additions come on the heels of the firm’s newly formed Austin Retail Brokerage practice led by newcomers Todd Wallace and Robert O’Farrell.
The firm is also expanding its retail platform to San Antonio, with the addition of Ty West and Keith McRee as VPs; and Eddie Kopplow as an associate.
- Austin McWilliams comes to Jones Lang LaSalle from SRS Real Estate Partners where he specialized in tenant representation, lease negotiations, site acquisition and project leasing.
- Travis Sawvell joins from SRS Real Estate Partners where he specialized in tenant representation, lease negotiations, site acquisition, project analysis and disposition initiatives.
- Jon Switzer joins from SRS Real Estate Partners. Prior to real estate, Jon was a professional baseball player with the New York Mets, Boston Red Sox and Tampa Bay Devil Rays.
- Ty West, an 11-year veteran of commercial real estate, specializes in tenant and landlord representation, disposition and land brokerage. He comes to Jones Lang LaSalle from SRS Real Estate Partners.
- Keith McRee, a 12-year veteran of commercial real estate comes to Jones Lang LaSalle from SRS Real Estate Partners where he specialized in tenant representation, site acquisition, disposition and project leasing.
- Katie Carlisle joins from SRS Real Estate Partners. She is actively involved in project leasing and tenant representation with a focus on development.