Costco and Macy’s take home World Retail Awards

New York — Two U.S. retailers took home top honors at the 2012 World Retail Awards in London, with Costco Wholesale Club named “Retailer of the Year,” and Macy’s recognized as “Multichannel Retailer of the Year.” The awards were announced as part of the 2012 World Retail Congress.

In other awards, Ikea was presented with the “International Retailer of the Year” award, and Charlie Mayfield, chairman of John Lewis, was given the “Outstanding Leadership” award, Marks & Spencer and Woolworths South Africa were joint winners of “Responsible Retailer of the Year” award.

The “Store Design of the Year” award went to Fangsuo Commune, in Guangzhou, China. The “Emerging Market Retailer of the Year” award went to Turkey’s biggest consumer electronics retailer, Teknosa.

The co-sponsors of the 2012 World Retail Congress are Deloitte and Mastercard.

Mar-29-2013 07:12 pm

chat random
Macy’s recognized as “Multichannel Retailer of the Year.” The awards were announced as part of the 2012 World Retail Congress. chat random

Mar-29-2013 07:12 pm

J.Jaak says:
Mar-20-2013 07:28 am

This is what I have been
This is what I have been searching in many websites and I finally found it here. Amazing article. best adjustable beds reviews

J.Jaak says:
Mar-20-2013 07:28 am

A.Khan says:
Feb-16-2013 07:16 pm

Great tips and very easy to
Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. oven cleaner Milton Keynes

A.Khan says:
Feb-16-2013 07:16 pm

A.Khan says:
Feb-04-2013 09:58 pm

have a presentation
have a presentation subsequent week, and I'm at the look for such information. It's really a great and useful piece of info. I'm satisfied that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. tomygirl

A.Khan says:
Feb-04-2013 09:58 pm

Home Depot names new board member

ATLANTA — The Home Depot has named Mark Vadon to its board of directors. Vadon will be a member of the audit and finance committees. His appointment gives the company 11 directors, 10 of whom are independent.

In 1999, Vadon co-founded Blue Nile Inc., the leading online retailer of diamonds and fine jewelry, and has served as the chairman of its board of directors since its inception. During Blue Nile’s history, Vadon has also served as its executive chairman (from 2008 to 2011), chief executive officer (from 1999 to 2008) and president (from 1999 to 2007). Prior to co-founding Blue Nile, Vadon was a consultant for Bain & Company, a management consulting firm, which he joined in 1992. In 2009, Vadon co-founded Zulily Inc., a daily deals site for moms, babies and kids. He serves as the chairman of its board of directors.

"Mark’s expertise in developing and implementing successful online strategies will be a benefit to our company and an asset to our board," said Frank Blake, chairman & CEO. "I am pleased to welcome him to the board and look forward to his contributions."

A+ School Rewards program returns to Giant Food

LANDOVER, Md. — Giant Food is bringing back its A+ School Rewards program.

Beginning Oct. 5 and continuing through March 28, 2013, Giant Food customers can help local schools earn cash for technology, scholarship funds, summer programs, field trips, playgrounds, other educational needs, and more. A+ School Rewards are accrued with each purchase a customer makes using his or her Giant card. Since the program launched in 1989, more than $86 million, allocated in funds and educational equipment, have been donated to local schools in Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and Delaware to fulfill academic and enrichment needs.

"Giant is very proud to support local schools across the region and enhance education initiatives in the neighborhoods we’re so privileged to serve," Giant Food president Anthony Hucker said. "Together with our customers, we’re able to make a positive difference in the lives of children across Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and Delaware."