Creative Realities to merge with Wireless Ronin
New York — Creative Realities and Wireless Ronin Technologies, a leading marketing technologies solutions provider, announced they have entered into a definitive merger agreement.
Upon closing of the proposed transaction, the two companies will be combined into a publicly traded company focused on providing innovative marketing technology solutions that improve the shopping experience for retailers, venue operators and the respective brands they partner with. Under the terms of the agreement, Creative Realities will merge into a subsidiary of Wireless Ronin. Paul Price, currently CEO of Creative Realities, will assume the role of CEO of the combined company and Scott Koller, currently CEO of Wireless Ronin, will become president.
DSW bolsters omnichannel fulfillment arsenal with eBay Enterprise
DSW is expanding its omnichannel fulfillment capabilities with eBay Enterprise In-Store Pickup. The company is also poised to launch Ship-to Store as part of its omnichannel strategy.
DSW selected eBay Enterprise as its omnichannel fulfillment partner more than a year ago, and has reportedly seen success with its Ship-from Store and Dropship capabilities.
“Our experience with eBay Enterprise Ship-from Store and Dropship solutions, as well as its implementation and support resources, has been extremely positive. Based on the success of those programs, we are confident our In-Store Pickup and Ship-to Store initiatives will be equally successful,” said Roger Rawlins, EVP, omnichannel at DSW.
The deployments of eBay Enterprise In-Store Pickup and Ship-to Store will provide DSW customers with the option of purchasing items online and picking them up the location of their choice, while also avoiding shipping charges — key purchase motivators for many consumers. Both solutions also offer potential for incremental sales opportunities while the customer is already in the store, according to eBay Enterprise.
“At DSW, we are focused on providing the best shopping experience possible. Our goal is to provide our customers with a seamless experience, whether they are shopping in stores or online. With our implementation of eBay Enterprise Ship-from Store, DSW offers the online customer access to its extensive assortment regardless of where one shops by providing visibility into inventory held by DSW stores and dsw.com, and enabling stores to fulfill online orders. With In-Store Pickup followed by Ship-to Store, we now add even more convenience and choice into the mix. These capabilities promote DSW’s capability to serve omnichannel customer demand 24/7,” added Rawlins.
“DSW’s commitment to its customers’ experience is clearly demonstrated by its cultural and operational investment in bringing a complete suite of omnichannel fulfillment solutions to the forefront of its business,” said Tom Barone, head of operations, North America. “As a global leader in omnichannel fulfillment solutions with close to 4,000 stores and 26,000 suppliers live in the Americas, Europe and Asia, we’re able to provide these best practice insights to the benefit of our clients. We share DSW’s commitment to elevating the consumer experience and look forward to our expanded partnership.”
mShopper upgrades mobile commerce platform
mShopper, a global mobile commerce platform provider, has launched version 4.1 of mStore. With the addition of new user-experience improvements, universal navigation, extensive use of product imagery and custom faceted search, mShopper’s new mStore is set up to help online retailers drive conversions and improve sales.
"In today’s world of instant demand and wildly distracted mobile shoppers, online stores need to deliver an outstanding user interface that lets their customers get to the ‘buy’ button as quickly as possible. As a mobile commerce platform provider, our obsession is to help online retailers capture more traffic and convert that traffic into incremental sales," said mShopper CEO David Gould. "Our mission is to make a sale as easy and intuitive as possible. Efficient UX will improve conversion rates while reducing page views per session which is always our goal."
mShopper’s key new features include the following:
- Nevergoback, which lets shoppers move forward in their session without having to go backward to search, browse or edit shopping cart contents and payment details
- Visicart, which lets users see their purchases in shopping cart and checkout pages
- Universal navigation, which allows retailers to dynamically configure optimum search and browse elements that are accessible from every page in mStore
- Custom faceted search, which creates filtering on product attributes and keywords for every product category
- Responsive design, which is ideal for any smartphone or tablet and improves page-load times over first generation responsive sites
- Mobile traffic configurator, which lets marketers configure precise percentages of traffic by device for built in A/B testing
- Flexible live tile layout with JQuery, which reverts for easy viewing and immediate presentation of critical product information
- GPS store locator for finding nearby physical locations
- Unlimited custom pages with full HTML
- Time-bombed curated (“themed") sales, which can be created to target customers based on season, merchandising needs, or even time of day
- SMS marketing and SMS-based abandoned cart automation, which sends follow-up messages or offers to customers who don’t complete their transactions
Because mShopper’s platform is powered by a data feed, any online retailer can be live within a matter of days, according to the company. An assortment of APIs is also available for customers who want to seamlessly integrate with existing shopping carts, payment gateways or marketing automation solutions.
mShopper focuses its product development using statistics and feedback gathered from their customer base. By tracking key performance metrics, mShopper are able to build the features into their products that their customers need to be successful in the fast-moving world of online retail.
Prices start at $500 for setup, with a $49 ongoing hosting fee, and a nominal performance fee that dramatically lowers the investment-risk of going mobile for businesses and ensures a joint focus on maximizing mobile conversion rates by both customers and mShopper.