CVS/pharmacy adds new health, shopping features to CVS mobile suite
Woonsocket, R.I. — CVS/pharmacy has introduced a variety of new features to its mobile suite, which consists of the CVS mobile app and a mobile-optimized website at m.CVS.com.
The new features range from health resources that make it easier to schedule immunizations and identify pills, to a sleeker look and feel for the CVS Mobile app that makes mobile shopping a snap.
"Through our latest mobile enhancements, CVS/pharmacy is augmenting the personalized shopping and healthcare experience for our customers," stated Rob Price, SVP and chief marketing officer for CVS/pharmacy. "Customers accessing CVS.com via mobile devices and tablets has more than doubled since the beginning of the year. We are committed to broadly expanding digital access for customers in order to maximize pharmacy service and shopping convenience."
The newest enhancements to the CVS Mobile site (m.CVS.com) include:
- Immunization scheduler: While appointments are not necessary, shoppers who prefer to plan ahead can now schedule immunizations — including flu shots — right from the palm of their hand on the CVS mobile site. Visitors plug in a location, enter the patient’s date of birth, select the desired immunization and schedule an appointment at a nearby CVS/pharmacy;
- More health resources: Shoppers using the CVS mobile site can view prescriptions available for refill or pickup, access the Health Information Center and manage their ExtraCare savings and rewards. Mobile shoppers can now also sign up for the ExtraCare Advantage for the diabetes opt-in program through m.CVS.com to receive exclusive savings on diabetes care products, as well as healthy living tips and recipes; and
- eGift cards: Customers can now buy personalized eGift cards on m.CVS.com for their friends and family, which are delivered to the recipient via email and can be used at CVS/pharmacy locations across the country.
In addition, the newest features live in the CVS mobile app (available for free download through iTunes and Google Play) include:
- Pill identifier: Customers using the CVS mobile app can now access a new pill identifier tool to check for drug interactions and identify pills by shape, color and imprint. This enhancement accompanies recent additions to the CVS mobile app, including the Scan Your Refill feature, which allows users to scan their prescription bar codes to easily refill their prescriptions; and
- New look and feel: The CVS mobile app has been updated with a sleeker design, including an easy-to-navigate home screen, scrollable icons and an intuitive interface.
Both the CVS mobile site and app now allow customers to shop the full CVS.com product catalog. Shoppers can use both the updated site and app to access "Deal of the Day" flash sales featuring a new hot deal every day online and in-store on household essentials and gifts.
The retailer stated that, in the coming months, it will continue to enhance its mobile suite.
No comments found
PureFormulas.com appoints new CMO
MIAMI — PureFormulas.com, an online health supplement e-retailer, has appointed Daniel Moure as its new CMO.
Prior to joining PureFormulas, Moure spent the last decade at Univision Communications as VP of account management and interactive strategies, where he led the development of a multitude of award-winning interactive strategies, from concept to completion, for some of the biggest advertisers in the space. Some highlights during his tenure at Univision include the production of the first ever web novela in 2007 in partnership with Unilever, and managing all FIFA World Cup advertiser efforts in 2006 and 2010. More recently, he was charged with leading all of Univision’s commercial production efforts as VP of production across all platforms.
Previous to his tenure at Univision, Moure also spent time at Yupi.com and Young & Rubicam Latin America. While at Yupi.com, one of the largest Latino online portals in the late 1990s, he was instrumental in facilitating the merger between Yupi.com and MSN.latino.com. Before jumping to the interactive landscape, he had already made a name for himself in traditional media with Young & Rubicam. During his tenure at Y&R he managed the day-to-day advertising business throughout Latin America for some of the world’s leading brands, including but not limited to Colgate-Palmolive, United Airlines, Texaco, Philip Morris and Kraft.
“We are excited to welcome Danny to the PureFormulas family,” said PureFormulas CEO Jose Prendes. “His integrity, extensive experience, and leadership in the interactive world, along with his knowledge of the Latin American marketplace will help drive PureFormulas forward and strengthen our brand as a leader in the health e-retailer industry.”
Throughout his 20-year professional career, Moure has garnered countless awards across traditional and new media outlets. In 2012 alone he was a recipient of the Cannes Lions, Clio, Webby and Fiap awards in the interactive category. He also serves on some of the most recognized committees and boards in the industry.
Moure received his bachelor of arts in communications from Loyola University in New Orleans. He lives in South Miami with his wife and two sons.
No comments found
Macy’s to keep stores open 48 hours straight Dec. 21 through Dec. 23
New York — Last-minute holiday shoppers will have some help from Macy’s this year, as the retailer plans keep most of its stores open 48 hours straight the weekend before Christmas, from 7 a.m. Dec. 21 through 7 a.m. on Dec. 23.
The 48-hour shopping marathon coincides with Macy’s final scheduled One-Day Sale of the year, which concludes at 7 a.m., Dec. 23. While the sale ends Sunday morning, 57 stores will remain open 24 hours or offer extended late hours until close on Christmas Eve.
With Thanksgiving falling on November 22, consumers this year will have a total of 32 shopping days, counting Christmas Eve, and no real excuse for last-minute shopping. But the holiday does have a way of sneaking up on some shoppers, and others simply like the adrenaline rush of a last-minute shopping marathon.
"For the first time ever, Macy’s will keep most stores open around the clock for the last weekend of holiday shopping, an expansion of our successful marathon that began at select stores in 2006," said Peter Sachse, Macy’s chief stores officer. “We hope to make it easy for our customers across the country to finish their shopping at any time of day or night, and with the benefit of the great deals and value they count on from our One Day Sale events."
Macy’s began the tradition of keeping its doors open 24 hours with Macy’s Queens Center in 2006. Macy’s added additional stores in subsequent years, and last year offered customers the opportunity to shop outside regular store hours in 14 locations that were open 24 hours and in 27 locations that offered extended hours.