CVS/pharmacy adds new health, shopping features to CVS mobile suite
Woonsocket, R.I. — CVS/pharmacy has introduced a variety of new features to its mobile suite, which consists of the CVS mobile app and a mobile-optimized website at m.CVS.com.
The new features range from health resources that make it easier to schedule immunizations and identify pills, to a sleeker look and feel for the CVS Mobile app that makes mobile shopping a snap.
"Through our latest mobile enhancements, CVS/pharmacy is augmenting the personalized shopping and healthcare experience for our customers," stated Rob Price, SVP and chief marketing officer for CVS/pharmacy. "Customers accessing CVS.com via mobile devices and tablets has more than doubled since the beginning of the year. We are committed to broadly expanding digital access for customers in order to maximize pharmacy service and shopping convenience."
The newest enhancements to the CVS Mobile site (m.CVS.com) include:
- Immunization scheduler: While appointments are not necessary, shoppers who prefer to plan ahead can now schedule immunizations — including flu shots — right from the palm of their hand on the CVS mobile site. Visitors plug in a location, enter the patient’s date of birth, select the desired immunization and schedule an appointment at a nearby CVS/pharmacy;
- More health resources: Shoppers using the CVS mobile site can view prescriptions available for refill or pickup, access the Health Information Center and manage their ExtraCare savings and rewards. Mobile shoppers can now also sign up for the ExtraCare Advantage for the diabetes opt-in program through m.CVS.com to receive exclusive savings on diabetes care products, as well as healthy living tips and recipes; and
- eGift cards: Customers can now buy personalized eGift cards on m.CVS.com for their friends and family, which are delivered to the recipient via email and can be used at CVS/pharmacy locations across the country.
In addition, the newest features live in the CVS mobile app (available for free download through iTunes and Google Play) include:
- Pill identifier: Customers using the CVS mobile app can now access a new pill identifier tool to check for drug interactions and identify pills by shape, color and imprint. This enhancement accompanies recent additions to the CVS mobile app, including the Scan Your Refill feature, which allows users to scan their prescription bar codes to easily refill their prescriptions; and
- New look and feel: The CVS mobile app has been updated with a sleeker design, including an easy-to-navigate home screen, scrollable icons and an intuitive interface.
Both the CVS mobile site and app now allow customers to shop the full CVS.com product catalog. Shoppers can use both the updated site and app to access "Deal of the Day" flash sales featuring a new hot deal every day online and in-store on household essentials and gifts.
The retailer stated that, in the coming months, it will continue to enhance its mobile suite.
PureFormulas.com appoints new CMO
MIAMI — PureFormulas.com, an online health supplement e-retailer, has appointed Daniel Moure as its new CMO.
Prior to joining PureFormulas, Moure spent the last decade at Univision Communications as VP of account management and interactive strategies, where he led the development of a multitude of award-winning interactive strategies, from concept to completion, for some of the biggest advertisers in the space. Some highlights during his tenure at Univision include the production of the first ever web novela in 2007 in partnership with Unilever, and managing all FIFA World Cup advertiser efforts in 2006 and 2010. More recently, he was charged with leading all of Univision’s commercial production efforts as VP of production across all platforms.
Previous to his tenure at Univision, Moure also spent time at Yupi.com and Young & Rubicam Latin America. While at Yupi.com, one of the largest Latino online portals in the late 1990s, he was instrumental in facilitating the merger between Yupi.com and MSN.latino.com. Before jumping to the interactive landscape, he had already made a name for himself in traditional media with Young & Rubicam. During his tenure at Y&R he managed the day-to-day advertising business throughout Latin America for some of the world’s leading brands, including but not limited to Colgate-Palmolive, United Airlines, Texaco, Philip Morris and Kraft.
“We are excited to welcome Danny to the PureFormulas family,” said PureFormulas CEO Jose Prendes. “His integrity, extensive experience, and leadership in the interactive world, along with his knowledge of the Latin American marketplace will help drive PureFormulas forward and strengthen our brand as a leader in the health e-retailer industry.”
Throughout his 20-year professional career, Moure has garnered countless awards across traditional and new media outlets. In 2012 alone he was a recipient of the Cannes Lions, Clio, Webby and Fiap awards in the interactive category. He also serves on some of the most recognized committees and boards in the industry.
Moure received his bachelor of arts in communications from Loyola University in New Orleans. He lives in South Miami with his wife and two sons.
Carriers consolidate to enhance southern services
The Arnold Transportation division of U.S. Xpress Enterprises will merge with LinkAmerica Corp. to create a trucking company with 1,400 vehicles, 5,000 trailers and 1,800 drivers.
The combined company will operate under the Arnold name and will be jointly owned and operated by Arnold parent company U.S. Xpress and LinkAmerica’s private equity owner Tenex Capital Management.
The deal extends Arnold’s dominance in the regional market with increased capacity and a service footprint that expands to new geographies in southern states.
"With this merger, Arnold Transportation Services will be the 32nd largest truckload operation in the United States, offering top-notch service for high-demand regional freight," said Arnold CEO Todd Smith. "The deal compliments our current business model and supports the goals of growing and attracting more drivers."
Founded in 1985, Arnold parent company U.S. Xpress Enterprises is the nation’s second largest privately-owned truckload carrier.