Express inks deal for space at Patriot Place
Foxborough, Mass. Express has leased 8,750 sq. ft. of space at the 1.3-million-sq.-ft. retail, dining and entertainment destination Patriot Place. The new store is slated to open in mid-August.
Patriot Place also features a sports and event venue, conference and exhibition facilities, a four-star hotel, and a healthcare center.
Other recent additions to Patriot Place include Tavolino Pizza Gourmet, which celebrated its grand opening on May 20, and Renaissance Hotel & Spa, which celebrated its grand opening on June 10.
Patriot Place is a super-regional outdoor mixed-use center that is a development of NPP Development LLC, an affiliate of The Kraft Group. Leasing is handled by Chattanooga, Tenn.-based CBL & Associates Properties.
Jewel-Osco opens second green store in Chicago
Itasca, Ill. Jewel-Osco, a division of Supervalu, expands its commitment to green building design with the opening of its store at Marshfield Commons, a new center in Chicago, on Thursday. The supermarket is designed according to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design standards. It has received GreenChill Gold Certification from the EPA in honor of its environmentally friendly refrigeration system.
“Wherever possible, we’re focused on building environmentally friendly technology into our new and remodeled stores,” said Jewel-Osco president Keith Nielsen.
The store contains a number of sustainable elements, including:
- Agreen roof with vegetation beds for energy conservation and storm-water run-off reduction;
- Water-saving fixtures and faucets;
- Energy-efficient lighting, heating and air conditioning;
- Aventilation system that incorporates natural and mechanical means to enhance air quality inside of the store;
- The use of regional and recycled materials during construction, with more than 90% of construction debris separated for recycling; and
- Preferred parking for low-emission, fuel-efficient vehicles.
The Marshfield location is Jewel-Osco’s second store build to LEED standards. Its first, in Chicago’s Fulton River District, opened in September 2008.
Orlando mall names Crossman as leasing representative
Orlando, Fla. Orlando Fashion Square has named locally based Crossman & Co. as the exclusive leasing representative for the property.
The 1,081,430-sq.-ft. mall is owned by Philadelphia-based PREIT and is anchored by Macy’s, Dillard’s, J.C. Penney, Sears and Premier Cinema.