First Data: Card spending growth inched lower in June as consumers remained cautious

Atlanta — A report by FirstData Corp. found that year-over-year dollar volume growth was 6.4% in June, down from May’s 7.0% growth as continuing high unemployment and economic anxiety caused consumers to pull back on spending. The report tracks same-store consumer spending by credit, signature debit, PIN debit, EBT, closed-loop prepaid cards and checks at U.S. merchant locations.

The First Data SpendTrend analysis for the full month of June 2012 compared with June 2011 found that average ticket growth at retail stores slowed to 0.1% in June from 1.0% in May. Many retailers engaged in aggressive promotional activity in order to stimulate demand. Low inflation levels also contributed to the slowdown in average ticket growth. Average ticket growth at retail stores was 1.5% in June after rising 1.9% in May.

“Consumers became increasingly cautious with their spending in June. Unseasonably warm temperatures accompanied by storms further dampened spending growth late in the month,” said Mark Herrington, executive VP of global product management and innovation, First Data.

Here is more information from the report:

June Dollar Volume Growth Change
Credit +4.8%
Signature Debit +6.5%
PIN Debit +9.5%
Check -7.5%
Closed-Loop Prepaid -4.3%

Note: All transactions are same-store growth.

J.Williams says:
May-23-2013 05:56 am

The dollar was down since two months due to unemployment in United States. Even it has dad effect on the economy growth. Consumers will be very careful in the coming months on their spending's. Regards, http://www.glendalerealestatearizona.com/

J.Desuza says:
May-14-2013 11:42 am

Great post with a lot of very usefull resources. Thanks for sharing.Nice Thanks for sharing such a wonderful tips, it really helps telefonkatalogen.biz

J.Desuza says:
May-14-2013 11:42 am

M.Kapoor says:
May-11-2013 11:31 am

I found this informative and interesting blog so i think so its very useful and knowledge able.I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future. Sandhi Sudha India

M.Kapoor says:
May-11-2013 11:31 am

J.carter111 says:
Apr-14-2013 01:42 pm

I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. Preschool in Agoura Hills

J.carter111 says:
Apr-14-2013 01:42 pm

D.Renjie says:
Mar-26-2013 03:05 am

In one experiment, half the subjects were served aion kinah carrots while the other half had a choice of carrots or celery. Only 69 percent of the first group ate their vegetables, compared with 91 percent of the latter aion kinah group. It's not that celery fans are more common, says David Just, PhD: "Limiting food choices induces a natural tendency to rebel against restrictions. When we're able to aion kinah make a choice, even a meaningless choice, we value the outcome more highly." In other words, by packing two veggies, you'll up your odds of eating at least one.

D.Renjie says:
Mar-26-2013 03:05 am

U.Preesss says:
Mar-23-2013 03:11 am

Now many people know this topic. Very attractive. So I came to a published personal opinion, only a person point of view. Again, I recommend you use this station toko jilbab online

U.Preesss says:
Mar-23-2013 03:11 am

Richard1122 says:
Mar-19-2013 01:57 pm

I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. elainestoffee.com

Richard1122 says:
Mar-19-2013 01:57 pm

S.Sdasdsa says:
Mar-06-2013 02:07 pm

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. www.reverse-email.com

S.Sdasdsa says:
Mar-06-2013 02:07 pm

Feb-16-2013 10:41 am

You’ve got some interesting points in this article. I would have never considered any of these if I didn’t come across this. Thanks!. Relationship Advice by Sikerszok Asok

Feb-16-2013 10:41 am

I.Adler says:
Jan-18-2013 09:56 am

Highly advanced electric toothbrushes are starting to replace old and traditional ones. It is but normal to satisfy our cravings for the best and most effective oral gadget in the market today because whether we admit it or not, most of the time, we fail in taking care of our teeth such that our next dental appointment could burn holes in our pockets. oral b pulsonic

I.Adler says:
Jan-18-2013 09:56 am

E.Rines says:
Jan-12-2013 06:16 am

michael kors outlet online is also coming this world now! most famous brand in usa,also the world,why are coach spread so wide,that michael kors clutches is because cheap with fashion

E.Rines says:
Jan-12-2013 06:16 am

W.Hugh says:
Jan-07-2013 06:47 am

Thank you very much for your kindness and efforts to helping us in many ways. More powers to you. essays help

candy says:
Jan-07-2013 03:12 am

How to Keeps health is more and more important to us, so what should we do to have a healthy body? You can just click in this site that you may find some useful info.

W.Hugh says:
Jan-07-2013 06:47 am

candy says:
Jan-07-2013 03:12 am

L.Racker says:
Dec-28-2012 05:54 am

Low inflation levels also contributed to the slowdown in average ticket growth. free cell phone spy software cell phone listening

E.Ina says:
Dec-28-2012 01:20 am

This is one of the best blogs I’ve ever read. I m absolutely excited to get to read such a well blog. The amount of data that I get is truly great. This is an good masterpiece. I am truly impressed. I would love to read more of your blogs. Please sustain posting. Keep up the good work plan a journey

E.Ina says:
Dec-28-2012 01:18 am

This is one of the best blogs I’ve ever read. I m absolutely excited to get to read such a well blog. The amount of data that I get is truly great. This is an good masterpiece. I am truly impressed. I would love to read more of your blogs. Please sustain posting. Keep up the good work[url=http://www.journeymood.com/]plan a journey[/url]

E.Ina says:
Dec-28-2012 01:16 am

Buy or Sell Diablo III gold, item, account, diablo gold powerleveling,24/7 online service,pet knowlege offers cheap Diablo 3 Gold and Diablo 3 Coins.

L.Racker says:
Dec-28-2012 05:54 am

E.Ina says:
Dec-28-2012 01:20 am

E.Ina says:
Dec-28-2012 01:16 am

J.Kross says:
Dec-20-2012 07:31 am

Gaming is good option to time-pass when you have no work to do. Automatenspiele kostenlos is a good option. I found there are so many peoples who want to play goames online with spenting a single minute on website registeration. bookofra kostenlos spielen ohne anmeldung helping those peoples. Bookofra play free is very easy to play & easy to understand. So, kostenlos book of ra spielen ohne anmeldung is saning time as well.

J.Kross says:
Dec-20-2012 07:31 am

P.Hard says:
Nov-20-2012 03:53 pm

AS you said that Unseasonably warm temperatures accompanied by storms further dampened spending growth late in the month,is there any solution to meet this difficulty?English bulldogs for sale

P.Hard says:
Nov-20-2012 03:53 pm

J.Disuza says:
Oct-30-2012 12:00 pm

Some people might be thinking that if the economical pressure is there we need to spend very tight. Yes June month is so tight with our money for spending as most of the economical changes will happen on that month. Thanks for the information. Outlook repair and troubleshoot help number

J.Disuza says:
Oct-30-2012 12:00 pm

J.Fonder says:
Oct-24-2012 08:19 pm

We all have to understand that those who do not have a job must ask god for a job and if he does not recieve then he needs to understand that God's is great and he will supply all his need and those who truely believe will be the ones who will get the blessing http://www.musclemaximizerexpert.com and when things do get hard praise the Lord for he is good and merciful to those who shwo themselves merciful.

N.Vartas says:
Oct-11-2012 01:43 pm

This data doesn't seem very surprising as accordingly to the fact that economy is already slagging for a long term. It should effect many real estate developments as well. But there are a lot of already developed projects, as vilkpede silas or oze parkas

N.Vartas says:
Oct-11-2012 01:43 pm

Oct-06-2012 01:30 pm

Your approach to this topic is unique and informative. I am writing an article for our school paper and this post has helped me a lot. Cheers cupcakes

Oct-06-2012 01:30 pm

kasawadiha says:
Sep-25-2012 03:04 pm

Sometimes it is extremely difficult to explore good and useful information out there when doing research. Now I will send it to my colleagues as well. Thanks for helping me out. SEO

kasawadiha says:
Sep-25-2012 03:04 pm

hanjibadtol says:
Sep-22-2012 08:36 am

I am researching this topic for use in a future business I am thinking about starting. Thank you for this information, it has been educational and helpful to me. Lenihan Sothebys Realty

flasnitbar says:
Sep-22-2012 07:15 am

Your article is very exciting and informational. I am trying to decide on a career move and this has helped me with one aspect. Thank you so much! pdf converter for mac

hanjibadtol says:
Sep-22-2012 08:36 am

flasnitbar says:
Sep-22-2012 07:15 am

Marcus Samuelsson designs cookware exclusive for Macy’s

NEW YORK — Macy’s has partnered with celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson for an exclusive cookware collaboration with celebrity chef and Macy’s Culinary Council member, Marcus Samuelsson. The “Marcus Samuelsson American Table for Belgique” collection will launch in September 2012, exclusively at Macy’s and on Macys.com.

“Marcus Samuelsson is one of the most innovative and recognizable chefs in the industry, with unparalleled culinary knowledge and a deep passion for cooking that continues to inspire our customers,” said Nancy Slavin, SVP marketing for Macy’s private brands. “Exceptionally designed, the Marcus Samuelsson American Table for Belgique collection offers professional-level cookware that is essential for home cooks who want to create culinary magic in their own kitchens.”

Items in the collection include a 10-piece cast aluminum cookware set, which includes 2-qt. and 3-qt. covered saucepans, 8-qt. covered stockpot with coordinating steamer insert, 8” and 10” fry pans and silicone trivet. Also available in cast aluminum are a 4-qt. Dutch oven, 4-qt. sauteuse and 8” fry pan. The Marcus Samuelsson American Table for Belgique collection ranges in price from $59.99 to $429.99 and will be available in 400 Macy’s stores and on Macys.com in September.

“As a proud member of the Macy’s Culinary Council, I am thrilled to partner with Macy’s on the Marcus Samuelsson American Table for Belgique cookware,” said Samuelsson. “Home cooks can use this high-performance, stylish range to create everything from classic American favorites to the flavorful, ethnic dishes that embody our diverse culinary landscape.”

Office Depot inspires youth with ‘Born This Way’ products

BOCA RATON, Fla. — Office Depot is supporting Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation by offering an exclusive line of products designed to empower youth and inspire bravery.

Custom products include empowerment gift cards (with a face value of $20), with one of six messages on the front: “Be Brave,” “Be Amazing,” “Be Yourself,” “Be Kind,” “Be Accepting,” and “Be Involved.”

Also available will be limited-edition “Kindness Sticks” Post-It Notes, limited-edition Sharpie pens, and unique “Bravery Bracelets,” each of which feature Born This Way Foundation’s logo, as well as the same six messages of empowerment as the gift cards.

All products are available exclusively at Office Depot, both in retail stores and online at www.officedepot.com and www.facebook.com/officedepot. Office Depot will donate 25% of the sales of these limited edition products directly to Born This Way Foundation, with a guaranteed donation of $1 million this year.

“Office Depot is a place that brings together students as well as their families and teachers, who play such an important role in inspiring and supporting today’s youth,” said Cynthia Germanotta, president and co-founder of Born This Way Foundation.

Office Depot has also created unique experiences on its Facebook page to encourage students to express their individuality and reach out and connect with each other.

“Born This Way Foundation is an inspirational organization that has the power to make a difference in the lives of today’s youth and we are honored to join this movement and help raise awareness for such an important cause,” said Bob Moore, chief marketing officer for Office Depot. “We feel the six empowerment phrases will help start a much needed conversation among our students of `What will you be this school year?”’To which we look forward to hearing millions of students around the country answering: `Kind,’ `Brave,’ `Accepting,’ `Involved,’ `Amazing’ – and most of all, for them to feel encouraged to `Be Yourself.’"