Fractured Prune Doughnuts plans 50 new stores
Ocean City, Md. — Fractured Prune Doughnuts has announced a national expansion projecting 50 new store agreements in the next six months. The next Fractured Prune will open in St. George, Utah, on Sept. 24.
The brightly colored doughnut shops promote always hot doughnuts, available all ways and offers 15 glazes and 15 toppings.
Papyrus parent company opens second Niquead.D location
New York — Schurman Retail Group, owners of Papyrus North America, announced the opening of the first Niquead.D flagship in New York City. It is the brand’s second location to date, with the first opening in December 2012 in Danville, Calif. A second Manhattan location is scheduled to open later this fall, and will be the first to share an entryway with a full-sized Papyrus store.
The new, 900-sq.-ft. store features women’s jewelry and accessories, clothing, scents, home décor, and a wide range of paper and gift products. With a mixture of antique furniture, eye-catching, one-of-a-kind chandeliers, and hand-painted rich blue damask walls, this store captures the textural, stylish, and indulgent design that is reminiscent of stepping into a Parisian boutique
“We believe that the new Niquead.D Flagship boutique will be a welcome addition to the retail landscape in New York City,” stated Dominique Schurman, CEO for Schurman Retail Group. “This store offers a truly magical shopping experience that will indulge the senses of each client, and is a space where they can wander, discover and, be inspired by everything there.”
RMC has leased 430,000 sq. ft. YTD
Tampa, Fla. — From January through August of this year, the RMC Property Group has leased 430,000 sq. ft. of retail space. Approximately 200,000 sq. ft. of that volume was leased during the three-month period of June through August, indicating a strong uptick in growth over the summer.
Notable deals include:
- Bailey’s Powerhouse Gym and Fitness Center leased 16,024 sq. ft. at Putnam County Center in Palatka, Fla.
- Big Lots renewed its 31,714-sq.-ft. lease at Putnam County Center in Palatka, Fla.
- Harbor Freight Tools leased 16,605 sq. ft. at Buccaneer Square in Tampa, Fla.
- DTLR, an urban lifestyle apparel retailer, leased 4,500 sq. ft. at Seville Square in Tampa, Fla., and 5,000 sq. ft. at Temple Terrace Shoppes in Temple Terrace, Fla.
- Bealls Department Store renewed its lease for 35,541 sq. ft. at Seville Square in Tampa, Fla.
- Big Lots renewed its lease for 36,464 sq. ft. at Gulf Point Square in Fort Myers, Fla.
- Rainbow Apparel renewed its lease for 10,800 sq. ft. at Marion Shopping Center in Ocala, Fla.